Data protection compensation claims continue to manifest themselves. Understanding a data incident, and how to respond in an appropriate manner, is vital to combatting this growing threat.
Judgments through 2022 continued to be largely favourable to those facing such claims. But the threat still exists.
- Discuss the right to compensation under the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018.
- Recap the position on distress based claims.
- Cover important judgments in 2022, and how these have impacted the data claims landscape.
- Highlight the type of matters we are seeing in practice, claimant expectations, DLA Piper’s strategy and approach to handling such claims and minimising client risk.
- Consider the future of group litigation in the data breach context.
For further information and to register for the webinar, please see: Data Protection Compensation Claims Webinar | DLA Piper